Sunday, June 28, 2009

A space for crafts


This will be a multi-part post, the finished results won't be up for a few weeks, but I'm so excited I will be getting a room just for crafts in our new house!

My husband and I will be moving into our first home of our own in a few weeks (its a split-level with 3 bedrooms, 2 full baths, good sized kitchen, 2 car garage and a finished basement--just about everything on our wish-list) and we can't be more excited to be homeowners for the first time. We will have an extra bedroom in this house so I'll be able to make the smallest of the three bedrooms into my craft room right now.


Currently I have an armoir in our basement (see photo above) that we found on sale that I keep all my supplies in but anytime I want to work on something I need to bring up my supplies to the dinning room and use that table. I'm so excited to be able to have all my supplies in an area that I can work in. I'll also be able to set up my sewing machine that has sat in a box in my Mom's basement for the past few years (I'm thinking about all the new crafts I can learn with that). I'll be adding photos of the craft space transformation as I get the area done.

Some sites to see craft space ideas, mine will not be a Martha Stewart level room but I'll still be happy with it

Martha Stewart
Country Living
The Nest

No comments:

Post a Comment