Friday, June 19, 2009

Hats



A friend at work is in love with some of the crochet baby hats on Etsy, they are a newsboy style for little boys, and asked me to see if I could make one for her. I've never done a hat before but have worked other patterns in the round so I said I would give it a try. I researched some patterns online to see if I could find one that would work. I ended up combining a few different patterns to try to get what I wanted (see the list of links below that I used for research). I used some scrap yarn that I had in the house for this practice hat. The yarn I had was a thin baby yarn so I used a small size hook, I'm hoping with a different yarn and a slightly bigger hook it will turn out a little larger. The one area I think needs a little work is the bill of the hat, its has a slight ripple to it, I'm not sure if it's the yarn or the stitching. I'm going to try working another one with a slightly thicker yarn and a larger hook to see what happens. Once I get it right I'll post of photo of her little one in the hat.



Patterns I worked with

No comments:

Post a Comment