Saturday, September 19, 2009

Yo-Yos

I've always loved the way yo-yos look, the quilts, pillows, pins made of them..... I think part of it is the color/print combinations just intrigue me. Since they work up fairly quickly you can make some smaller projects in a afternoon. The worst part for me is cutting out the circles, but once that is done they make a great project for while watching TV or for travel since they are small and portable. I decided to make some yo-yo garland since I wasn't ready to take on a quilt yet.

To make this garland I made about 45 yo-yos using two different black and cream plaid fabrics (click here for how to make a yo-yo). Then I attached them, by sewing them onto a 6 foot piece of black ribbon, leaving about 5 inches of just ribbon on each side.



No comments:

Post a Comment